Saturday, June 8, 2013

More about markers!


Didn’t get much knitting done on my sock since yesterday.  I’m curious to see if it stretches as much as the pattern says.  It should stretch up to 11” in length.....wow!  I did try on the little bit I've done, I didn't think I would get my foot through the ribbing, looked small, but I did get my foot through the ribbing and it slid up my leg....so its deceiving....a knitting guest and I were sitting at the kitchen table and she and I both thought there is no way an adult foot would fit through the top, but it DOES!
 
Now, more about markers.....

 

Another plus for using markers – and I’m addressing the Magic Loop knitters here – the markers help if you (accidentally of course) pull the loop all the way through and you no longer have the much needed loop on the left side – you know what I’m talking about ?? (grin)  Well, you need only to count 11 stitches from the second maker to find the “center” to pull the loop back out!  Great trick and guess how I figured that out!

 

Let me know how your sock knitting experience is coming along. 

 

I also wanted to mention that we will be here to help you if you need it on Saturday’s from 10 -11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment